Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Sweet Relief of Missing Children

9/10 stars.

I fell in love with this book after going to one of Sarah's readings. She read the first chapter, and though I had arrived with the intent of purchasing the book, the read-aloud of the first chapter simply affirmed my original intent.

And so I bought the book.

The rest of the story is just as wonderful and even improves upon that first chapter.

I loved her description of characters. The writing was so powerful that I very nearly jumped and cried at points. The way some portions of the book were written are exactly the type of writing that I adore! I cannot fully explain both my adoration and admiration for this story- one that is so heart-breaking and at the same time so wonderfully and beautifully crafted.

Lenora (one of the main characters) has been added to an ever-growing list of my favorite fictional characters.

The cover is also GORGEOUS. I love how there is a photograph, but it is mysterious and intriguing rather than face-on. It adds another layer of mystery to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment