Saturday, March 5, 2011

From Bad to Cursed

9/10 stars!

I got this book as an ARC in a local bookstore of mine.
My reaction when I saw that they had it was quite literally "Oh. OH. Oh my gosh. Oh wow." Followed by excessive smiling and hugging of the book to my chest. 

HERE you can read my review of Bad Girls Don’t Die, the first book.

Alexis has run into the supernatural yet again, just when she thought everything was going to be okay. My dad's reaction when I read him the back-cover description was "What is up with her town?" I giggled in response to this, but it is funny how Alexis' (the main character) town seems to have some sort of magnetic appeal for the supernatural. 

There is something about Katie Alender's writing that causes me to stop breathing while I read her books. Unfailingly it happened once again with this book. Perhaps three times or more!

If one dislikes creepy books, then they ought to read this with caution, for there are moments of disturbing revelations and scary events. It is still a wonderful book though, and all who believe themselves to be in the appropriate age group should give it a shot.

So, in summary... 
What did I like about this book? I think the question ought to be phrased more along the lines of what didn’t I like? This book will keep you up, not wanting to put it down, wondering what would happen next. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked it! And thanks for the wonderful review. Your dad sounds like a funny guy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete