Saturday, February 19, 2011

So Shelly

9/10 stars!


So Shelly by Ty Roth is a fascinating work of literature. It takes authors John Keats, Lord Byron, and Mary Shelley and turns them into modern teenagers. This is not an easy task, however Roth turns their respective lives right into the lives of teens today. For anyone interested in the lives of these famous authors, So Shelly is a good read. For anyone who wants a clever romance, So Shelly is just that. Even if one has not read any of the works by these authors, he or she will still be able to enjoy So Shelly, for it stands on its own.

This book is out now,  and it is certainly worth the read! I for one do not always enjoy books aimed at teenagers now, as I tend to go through most all of them within two hours, however, So Shelly took me by surprise. I enjoyed it to the extent that, while writing this review, the thoughts going through my head are "Okay, I need to find a biography on these three authors/ read more of their stuff." and "I want to write a book that transplants historical figures into modern times."

This is the type of book that continuously holds your interest, until the very last page.

I read this book back in December. (Yes, I'm aware that I have been dead awful with writing reviews. I would promise to write more, but I don't know if I can. I will try my hardest to get at LEAST three reviews done a month. Goodness knows I read enough for that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment