Monday, February 21, 2011

Never Let Me Go



10/10 stars

I would have to say that Never Let Me Go is honestly one of the books that I adore most. There is nothing that I can critique about this book. Nothing. The story is woven together in such a beautiful way, and for reasons I cannot post here [spoilers], this book made me cry. The three main characters: Cathy H, Ruth, and Tommy are such unique individuals, and I truly feel as though I went through their lives with them. 
This book can best be categorized as Science Fiction, though that does not quite fit it. It does not take place in the far future, rather, it takes place in an alternate past. Never Let Me Go is a book that truly surprises the reader at many different places. It is anything but a simple tale, though it does have classic themes of love, loss, and friendship. 
The reader gets to see Cathy, Ruth, and Tommy grow up, from their early school-days at Hailsham to their adult lives. Though this book is "Sci-Fi" to some degree, it is very easy to imagine events like this happening, to the point where one takes extra time paying attention to people on the street, wondering exactly what their story is, wondering who they really are.




 



This is the movie's trailer.
(On a side note, I've also seen the movie and I must say, it was quite wonderful, I was so happy as to how well they kept with the book, and in my opinion the actors were chosen BRILLIANTLY).

No comments:

Post a Comment