Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Looking for JJ" Review

So, I read a lot. I enjoy it, whether for school or pleasure. In 2007 I believe, I was at Barnes and Noble and I saw the book "Looking for JJ." I begged my mom for it, and finally, after going back three or so more times we bought it. I opened it up to the first page and after that I could hardly put it down.

It is the story of a girl, Alice Tully who is hiding from something that happened years before. She killed her best friend, Michelle. Her mother never payed much attention to her, instead she was constantly modeling and bringing around boyfriends. They moved to the new town where Alice (JJ) met her friend. JJ had a special model doll, Macy who was her only real friend.

At first you do not know that Alice is, in fact Jennifer, known as JJ. It is revealed in flashbacks she has throughout the novel. Jennifer has to face many difficulties, and she is stretched to the limits of her sanity, and only as a ten year old. Some of her other neighbors, two boys who are Michelle's brothers tease Jennifer about her mother and her.

There is not one part when I thought to myself "Oh boy, this is boring." It was fast-paced and interesting.

Alice, JJ, whomever she is really is an unforgettable girl, as are Michelle, Lucy and the other characters.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment