Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hold Still

SORRY, this was from February!

9/10 stars!

First of all, sorry I have been gone for so long!! A new years resolution of mine is to have at least on review per week! Now on to the review...

Another book I looked at in various stores for sometime, and just before New Year's Eve, my mom and I were at a local bookstore, and she said I could pick a book. I chose "Hold Still." I do not have any regrets with my choice. :) The book is so well written, so nice and fresh. Nina does a brilliant job of a high schoolers voice, Caitlin's  voice is one I can completely relate to.
Though this is a book for teens, it does have illustrations. They are so wonderfully done! Simple, yet so very meaningful!
Hold Still- the title itself has so much possibility for wonder. And the book does not disappoint at all! There was not one point at which I thought of plot changes that would enhance the story. Caitlin loves photography, and I do as well, so that was another way with which I could identify to her.
Just pure wow. I am glad I decided to buy this story. I have, once again fallen in love with the characters. As I said before, they are so very real, I can imagine being friends with some of them!

Thanks Nina, and I hope you write thousands more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment